I have never gone back to my old corn bread recipe after finding this one. Adding corn to the batter gives it color and extra flavor. -Dorinda Bruce Bixby, Oklahoma
Recommended: 40 Tasty Snacks That Are (Surprisingly) Low-Calorie
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/2 cup frozen corn
- In a small bowl, cream the butter and sugar. Beat in the egg, honey and salt.
- Combine the flour, cornmeal and baking powder; add to the creamed mixture alternately with the milk. Fold in the frozen corn.
- Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full. Bake at 400° for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Serve warm. Yield: 6 muffins.
Originally published as Roasted Corn Muffins in Reminisce Extra August 2005, p52
Reviews forRoasted Corn Muffins
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jul. 17, 2013
"This was a very nice corn muffin. It wasn't anything overly special, but definitely better flavor than what comes out of a box. I would make these again."