Roasted Corn Muffins
I have never gone back to my old corn bread recipe after finding this one. Adding corn to the batter gives it color and extra flavor. -Dorinda Bruce Bixby, Oklahoma
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/2 cup frozen corn
- In a small bowl, cream the butter and sugar. Beat in the egg, honey and salt.
- Combine the flour, cornmeal and baking powder; add to the creamed mixture alternately with the milk. Fold in the frozen corn.
- Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full. Bake at 400° for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Serve warm.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 261 calories, 9g fat (5g saturated fat), 57mg cholesterol, 209mg sodium, 41g carbohydrate (17g sugars, 2g fiber), 4g protein.
Originally published as Roasted Corn Muffins in Reminisce Extra August 2005
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.