Roasted Corn and Garlic Rice for Two
I usually roast quite a few ears of corn when they are on sale and freeze what I don't use at that time. This is a wonderful side dish to go with a fish fry, barbecue or almost any summer meal. It's a constant at my house.—Marilyn Rodriguez, Fairbanks, Alaska
Total TimePrep: 40 min. Cook: 20 min.
- 2 ears sweet corn in husks
- 1 to 2 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1-1/4 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 1/2 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- Carefully peel back husks from corn to within 1-in. of bottom; remove silk. Rewrap corn in husks. Place garlic cloves on a piece of heavy-duty foil; drizzle with 1/4 teaspoon oil. Fold foil around garlic and seal tightly.
- Place corn and garlic on a baking sheet. Bake at 400° for 30 minutes. Remove corn; bake garlic 5-10 minutes longer or until softened. Remove garlic from foil and place in a small bowl; cool. Mash with a fork. When corn is cool enough to handle, remove corn from cobs with a sharp knife.
- In a small saucepan, heat remaining oil over medium heat. Add rice; cook and stir for 2 minutes. Gradually add the broth, bay leaf, salt, pepper and roasted garlic. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 12-13 minutes or until heated through. Stir in roasted corn; cover and cook 7-10 minutes longer or until rice is tender. Discard bay leaf.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 327 calories, 5g fat (1g saturated fat), 3mg cholesterol, 662mg sodium, 65g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 5g fiber), 9g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.