Roasted Corn and Black Bean Salsa
Sometimes I'll turn this into individual appetizers by putting a spoonful of salsa in a tortilla chip scoop, then topping with a small dollop of sour cream.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 2 cups frozen corn, thawed and undrained
- 1/4 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- Dash salt
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh cilantro
- Tortilla chips
- In a small bowl, combine the corn and peppers. In another bowl, whisk the oil, garlic, cumin, chili powder and salt. Drizzle over vegetables and toss to coat. Place in a single layer in an ungreased 15x10x1-in. baking pan.
- Bake, uncovered, at 425° for 10-15 minutes or until peppers are tender. Cool slightly. Transfer to a serving bowl; stir in the black beans and cilantro. Serve with tortilla chips.
Nutrition Facts1/4 cup: 96 calories, 5g fat (1g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 83mg sodium, 11g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 2g fiber), 3g protein.
Originally published as Roasted Corn and Black Bean Salsa in Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook 2006
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.