The tangy taste of this dip keeps people who taste it guessing what's in it! I've had many people request the recipe to find out. My husband and I enjoy traveling in our motor home and doing a little fishing along the way.
Recommended: 31 Irresistible Veggie Sides
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 cup fresh corn
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 large avocados, peeled
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 1 can (3-1/2 ounces) jalapeno peppers, drained and chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- Tortilla chips
- Combine corn and oil in a shallow baking dish. Bake at 400° for 12-15 minutes or until lightly browned, stirring several times. Cool.
- Meanwhile, chop 1 avocado and set aside. Mash the other avocado in a bowl; add the lime juice, garlic, onion, jalapenos, salt and cumin. Fold in chopped avocado and the corn. Chill. Serve with tortilla chips. Yield: 2-1/2 cups.
Originally published as Roasted Corn and Avocado Dip in Bountiful Harvest Cookbook 1994, p29