Roasted Corn and Avocado Dip
The tangy taste of this dip keeps people who taste it guessing what's in it! I've had many people request the recipe to find out. My husband and I enjoy traveling in our motor home and doing a little fishing along the way.
Total TimePrep: 5 min. Bake: 15 min. + cooling
- 1 cup fresh corn
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 large avocados, peeled
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 1 can (3-1/2 ounces) jalapeno peppers, drained and chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- Tortilla chips
- Combine corn and oil in a shallow baking dish. Bake at 400° for 12-15 minutes or until lightly browned, stirring several times. Cool.
- Meanwhile, chop 1 avocado and set aside. Mash the other avocado in a bowl; add the lime juice, garlic, onion, jalapenos, salt and cumin. Fold in chopped avocado and the corn. Chill. Serve with tortilla chips.
Nutrition Facts2 tablespoons: 52 calories, 4g fat (1g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 62mg sodium, 3g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 1g protein.
Originally published as Roasted Corn and Avocado Dip in Bountiful Harvest Cookbook
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.