- 3/4 teaspoon onion salt
- 3/4 teaspoon celery salt
- 3/4 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 broiler/fryer chickens (3 to 4 pounds each)
- Preheat oven to 400°. Mix seasonings.
- Place chickens on a rack in a roasting pan, breast side up. Rub seasonings over outside and inside of chickens. Tuck under wings; tie together drumsticks. Roast until a thermometer inserted in thickest part of thigh reads 170°-175°, 1-1/4 to 1-1/2 hours. (Cover loosely with foil if chickens brown too quickly.)
- Remove from oven; tent with foil. Let stand 15 minutes before carving. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews forRoasted Chicken
"easy and very tasty."
"So good! I put an onion inside the chicken and put potatoes, carrots, and celery in the pan. I used olive oil over everything before adding the seasoning. Even my kids loved it!"
"the nutritional facts are wrong.12oz is over 300 cal and no way a serving size"
"I had never roasted a chicken before I tried this recipe. WOW. I looked at the comments from others and decided to put an onion in the cavity. The house smelled so good all of us were hungry. It's so simple to have a chicken to eat now and one to freeze for later. Thank you, Taste of Home! Have made this recipe several times with variations on the spices. Always turns out great."
"This was great. Simple, moist, and ready right on time... Loved it. Will make this often."
"It was very good, very basic roasted chicken. The meat was a little drier than I like if it wasn't mixed with the broth that was made while cooking."
"I forgot t mark 5 stars!!"