I grow herbs and dry them for use all year. Knowing that the rosemary and thyme are from our garden makes this cozy roast chicken dinner even better. —Tanya Borkholder, Milford, IN
Recommended: 80 Recipes for Serious Potato Lovers
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 2 large potatoes (about 1-1/2 pounds)
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons Montreal steak seasoning
- 4 bone-in chicken thighs
- 4 chicken drumsticks
- 1 tablespoon hot water
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Preheat oven to 450°. Cut each potato lengthwise into 12 wedges; toss with oil and steak seasoning. Arrange in a single layer in a greased 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Roast on a lower oven rack 30-35 minutes or until tender and lightly browned, turning occasionally.
- Place chicken in a large bowl. In a small bowl, mix remaining ingredients; add to chicken and toss to coat. Transfer to a rack in a broiler pan, skin side up. Place on an oven rack above potatoes; roast 30-35 minutes or until a thermometer inserted in chicken reads 170°-175°. Serve with potato wedges. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Roasted Chicken with Potato Wedges in Simple & Delicious December/January 2016
Reviews forRoasted Chicken with Potato Wedges
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Aug. 4, 2016
"Seasoning was good on the potatoes but the potatoes get done a LOT faster than the chicken."