I prepared these one Christmas for my son, who was on a low-carb diet. I was afraid he'd be disappointed because he couldn't eat holiday cookies, but these made up for it—he loved them! Save a handful to chop and sprinkle over a green salad or pasta. —Mary Bilyeu, Ann Arbor, Michigan
Recommended: 50 Easy Side Dishes Perfect for Fall
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 cups unblanched almonds
- 3/4 cup finely shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 teaspoon salt-free herb seasoning blend
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Preheat oven to 325°. In a large bowl, whisk egg yolk; stir in almonds. In a small bowl, toss cheese with seasonings. Add to almond mixture; toss to combine. Transfer to a greased 15x10x1-in. baking pan.
- Bake 20-25 minutes or until cheese is golden brown, stirring occasionally. Cool completely. Yield: 2 cups.
Originally published as Roasted Cheddar Herb Almonds in Taste of Home Christmas Annual Annual 2015, p7