Roasted Carrots with Cilantro-Walnut Pesto
Lightly baked and lightly flavored, this carrot dish uses cilantro, walnuts, olive oil, garlic, parsley, Parmesan cheese and basil. —Aysha Schurman, Ammon, Idaho
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 2 tablespoons chopped walnuts
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro leaves
- 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 1 teaspoon fresh parsley leaves
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh basil
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 pound medium carrots, halved lengthwise
- Preheat oven to 400°. Pulse the first 6 ingredients in a small food processor until finely chopped. Continue processing, gradually adding oil in a steady stream. Drizzle carrots with herb mixture; toss to coat. Transfer to a greased 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Roast, stirring occasionally, until tender, 20-25 minutes.