Roasted Carrots with Cilantro-Walnut Pesto
Lightly baked and lightly flavored, this carrot dish uses cilantro, walnuts, extra virgin olive oil, garlic, parsley, Parmesan and basil. —Aysha Schurman, Ammon, Idaho
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 2 tablespoons chopped walnuts
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro leaves
- 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 1 teaspoon fresh parsley leaves
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh basil
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 pound medium carrots, halved lengthwise
- Preheat oven to 400°. Pulse the first six ingredients in a small food processor until finely chopped. Continue processing while gradually adding oil in a steady stream. Drizzle carrots with herb mixture; toss to coat. Transfer to a greased 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Roast, stirring occasionally, until tender, 20-25 minutes.
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 196 calories, 17g fat (2g saturated fat), 1mg cholesterol, 102mg sodium, 12g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 3g fiber), 2g protein.
Originally published as Cilanro and Walnut Pesto Baked Carrots in Taste of Home Christmas Annual 2018
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.