Spicy butternut squash makes a great base for these vegetarian tacos. I'm always looking for quick and nutritious weeknight dinners for my family, and these are delicious, too! —Elisabeth Larsen, Pleasant Grove, Utah
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 medium butternut squash (3 to 4 pounds), peeled and cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 12 corn tortillas (6 inches), warmed
- 1 cup crumbled queso fresco or feta cheese
- 1 medium ripe avocado, peeled and sliced thin
- 1/4 cup diced red onion
- Pico de gallo, optional
- Preheat oven to 425°. Combine first six ingredients. Add squash cubes; toss to coat. Transfer to a foil-lined 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Bake, stirring occasionally, until tender, 30-35 minutes.
- Divide squash evenly among tortillas. Top with queso fresco, avocado and red onion. If desired, serve with pico de gallo. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Roasted Butternut Squash Tacos in Taste of Home September/October 2017
Reviews forRoasted Butternut Squash Tacos
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Sep. 25, 2017
"Excellent! Even the hubby enjoyed these and he is not a huge butternut squash fan. No changes perfect just the way they are."