- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 medium butternut squash (2-1/2 to 3 pounds), peeled and cut into 3/4-inch cubes
- 2 cups uncooked jasmine rice
- 2 large sweet red peppers, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 cup pine nuts, toasted
- 6 green onions, thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons snipped fresh dill
- 3 tablespoons coarsely chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Preheat oven to 425°. In a large bowl, combine brown sugar, balsamic vinegar, oil and salt. Add squash; toss to coat. Transfer to a greased, foil-lined 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Bake 25-30 minutes or until tender, stirring occasionally. Cool completely.
- Meanwhile, cook rice according to package directions. Remove from heat; cool completely.
- In a large bowl, combine red peppers, pine nuts, green onions, dill, parsley, squash and rice. In a small bowl, whisk dressing ingredients. Pour over salad; toss to coat. Serve at room temperature. Cover and refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 12 servings (3/4 cup each).
Reviews forRoasted Butternut Squash & Rice Salad
"Super delicious! I used a mixture of brown and wild rice and also added some dried cranberries before serving. The butternut squash was to die for, I will use that glaze next time I am just roasting squash. Everyone gave this rave reviews . Thanks Delores!"
"Yummy! Don't leave out the fresh dill. I did halve the amount of pine nuts because $$$$$."
"I choose this recipe to fit a family members restricted diet- but everyone really liked it. Certainly will make again. I did not have parsley-so used cilantro, it was great! I also did not have pine nuts, so toasted a bit of sesame seed and walnuts- loved the nutty flavor"
"This was very good, but it makes ALOT!!! I didn't have fresh dill or parsley, so I just used dry spices."
"Absolutely delicious! I've made this several times and it actually tastes better the next day. It makes alot, so next time I will cut the recipe in half. Pine nuts are what make this great."
"This was good. I didn't have the pine nuts or fresh dill but it turned out pretty good."
"This recipe is awesome! I didn't have some ingredients so I used the pre-cooked, packaged Quinoa and brown rice, dried dill and parsley I had on hand. I will recommend this to everyone"
"Thank you, this is a keeper!"