Brussels sprouts are one of our favorite vegetables, especially when roasted together with tart apples, such as Granny Smith. Topped with toasted nuts and feta cheese, this is an attractive dish for us to serve during the holidays. —Barbara Estabrook, Rhinelander, Wisconsin
Recommended: 54 Amazing Ways to Love Winter Veggies
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1-1/2 pounds fresh Brussels sprouts, trimmed and quartered
- 1-1/2 cups cubed tart apples
- 2 tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon olive oil, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/3 cup toasted walnuts, coarsely chopped
- In a large bowl, combine Brussels sprouts and apples. Drizzle with 2 tablespoons oil; toss to coat. Transfer to a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan.
- Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 15-20 minutes or until tender, stirring occasionally. Transfer to a serving bowl; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Top with cheese and walnuts; drizzle with remaining oil. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Roasted Brussels Sprouts & Apples in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2013, p113