VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 5 whole fresh beets
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 6 lettuce leaves
- 2 medium oranges, peeled and sectioned
- Place beets in an 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish; add 1 in. of water. Cover and bake at 400° for 40-45 minutes or until tender. Cool; peel, slice and quarter beets.
- In a large bowl, combine beets and green onions. In a small bowl, whisk the vinegar, oils, sugar, salt, curry and white pepper. Pour over beets; toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Divide lettuce among six plates. Using a slotted spoon, top with beet mixture. Arrange orange sections over salad. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Roasted Beet-Orange Salad in Healthy Cooking April/May 2011, p40
Reviews forRoasted Beet-Orange Salad
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review