- 3 medium ripe bananas, unpeeled
- 1-3/4 cups crushed pecan shortbread cookies
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1 package (8 ounces) reduced-fat cream cheese
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons packed brown sugar, divided
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons spiced rum, optional
- 4 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 12 pecan halves, toasted
- Chocolate syrup
- Preheat oven to 400°. Place unpeeled bananas in an 8-in. square baking dish. Bake 10-12 minutes or until banana peels are black. Cool to room temperature. Reduce oven setting to 325°.
- Place a greased 9-in. springform pan on a double thickness of heavy-duty foil (about 18 in. square). Wrap foil securely around pan. Place on a baking sheet.
- In a small bowl, mix cookie crumbs and melted butter. Press onto bottom and 1 in. up sides of prepared pan. Bake 8-10 minutes or until set. Cool on a wire rack.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese, sugar and 1/4 cup brown sugar until smooth. Beat in vanilla and, if desired, rum. Add eggs; beat on low speed just until blended. Remove 1/2 cup cream cheese mixture to a small bowl. Pour remaining filling into crust.
- Peel and place roasted bananas in a food processor; process until smooth. Add to reserved cream cheese mixture; stir in chopped pecans, cinnamon and remaining brown sugar. Pour over plain cream cheese mixture. Cut through cream cheese mixture with a knife to swirl.
- Place springform pan in a larger baking pan; add 1 in. of hot water to larger pan. Bake 45-55 minutes or until center is just set and top appears dull. Remove springform pan from water bath. Cool cheesecake on a wire rack 10 minutes. Loosen sides from pan with a knife; remove foil. Cool 1 hour longer. Refrigerate overnight, covering when completely cooled.
- Remove rim from pan. Top cheesecake with pecan halves; drizzle with chocolate syrup. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews forRoasted Banana & Pecan Cheesecake
"We found this to be just average. I liked the shortbread crust, but thought it was a little short on banana flavor. I will probably try it again and roast the bananas without their peels to concentrate the flavor, and add a little more sugar,"
"Banana bread in cheesecake form. Who can complain about that?! Yum!"
"Creamy and delicious! We loved the combination of the pecans with the banana. I didn't use the spiced rum."