I always loved Brussels sprouts growing up, so I decided as an adult to bring them home to our family table. I've been making them ever since.—Brenda Washnock, Negaunee, Michigan
Recommended: 75 Potluck Side Dishes to Feed a Crowd
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 2 pounds fresh Brussels sprouts, trimmed and halved
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 ounces sliced pancetta or bacon strips, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup pine nuts, toasted
- Preheat oven to 400°. Place Brussels sprouts in a 15x10x1-in. baking pan; toss with 2 tablespoons oil, salt and pepper. Roast 30-35 minutes or until lightly charred and tender, stirring halfway.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, heat remaining oil over medium-high heat. Add pancetta; cook and stir 4-6 minutes or until crisp. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Remove from heat; stir in vinegar.
- In a large bowl, combine Brussels sprouts, cranberries and pancetta mixture; toss to combine. Sprinkle with pine nuts. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Roasted Balsamic Brussels Sprouts with Pancetta in Country Woman February/March 2016