Roasted Autumn Vegetables
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 70 min.
- 1 medium whole garlic bulb, peeled
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh thyme or 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into wedges
- 1 pound fresh brussels sprouts, halved
- 2 medium onions, cut into 1/2-inch wedges
- Separate garlic bulb into cloves. Mince two cloves; place in a small bowl. Add the butter, thyme, salt and pepper. In a large bowl, combine the sweet potatoes, brussels sprouts, onions and remaining garlic cloves. Drizzle with butter mixture; toss to coat.
- Transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Cover and bake at 350° for 30 minutes. Uncover, bake 40-45 minutes longer or until vegetables are tender. Stir before serving.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 160 calories, 9g fat (6g saturated fat), 25mg cholesterol, 227mg sodium, 18g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 4g fiber), 3g protein.
May 23, 2015
Really liked this dish. I have begun making it often. It would not serve 10 people in our house because I serve it as our main dish. It has several good things about it. It is relatively low in sodium which I must have due to an illness in our family. It is very versatile depending on what you have in your frig. I have added red pepper chunks, sweet potato chunks, even slices of beets, and on occasion a few slices of Ekrich sausage.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.