- 2 pounds fresh asparagus, trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon white pepper
- Dash ground cloves
- 1-1/2 cups whole milk
- 1 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 12 lasagna noodles, cooked and drained
- 1-1/2 cups shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 3/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Place asparagus and mushrooms in a shallow roasting pan. Drizzle with 1 tablespoon oil; toss to coat. Bake at 450° for 8-10 minutes or until vegetables are browned; set aside. Reduce heat to 350°.
- In a large saucepan, melt butter. Stir in the flour, salt, pepper and cloves until smooth. Gradually stir in milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Set aside.
- In a large skillet, saute onion in remaining oil until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Remove from the heat; add roasted asparagus and mushrooms.
- In a 13x9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray, layer four noodles, a third of the asparagus mixture, a third of the white sauce, 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese and 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese. Repeat layers twice.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 35 minutes. Uncover; bake 10-15 minutes longer or until heated through. Let stand for 15 minutes before cutting. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews forRoasted Asparagus Lasagna
"I found this recipe to be very tasty-in fact, I admit that I'd sampled quite a bit of the lasagna after it was baked. I did use just 1 bunch of asparagus, about 8-oz. fresh sliced mushrooms, and also cooked onion and garlic in 3 Tbsp. olive oil. I'd roasted asparagus and mushrooms in 3 Tbsp. olive oil for 15 minutes, then cut asparagus into the pieces. I used 1/2 tsp. salt and 1/4 tsp. ground black pepper & 1/8 tsp. ground cloves. I'd used both half and half and 2% milk in the sauce. These were my adjustments. Thank you for sharing this recipe with Taste of Home, Cindy Macha!delowenstein"
"I tripled the sauce and the shredded cheese. If not it would have been too dry. Definitely will make again. It was a BIG hit."
"This was good, but I probably tripled the white sauce. Otherwise there wouldn't be nearly enough. I also added a dash of nutmeg in place of the cloves."
"Very dry there must be a mistake in the amount of white sauce. I even doubled it still was dry."
"I would definitely use an Alfredo sauce and not monkey around with the white sauce just saying."
"We did not care for this at all. It was very dry and bland. I'm glad other reviewers liked it, but it was definitely not for me."
"So yummy! I did have to kick up the flavor of the white sauce and season the veggies, but it was a family favorite!"
"I love this recipe it's so versatile, you can change it up as little or much you want! I've made it with shrimp, chicken, bacon, etc. It is also good as is and I have served it for my picky vegetarian family and they love it. Thank you for sharing this recipe."
"I made this and everyone liked it even my picky daughter who doesn't like regular lasagna. Nice meal to make if you are looking for something different"
"A wonderful, tasty dish. The ground cloves gave the dish an excellent flavor. I usually use nutmeg in my cream sauce. I did use 3 cups of mushrooms, but that's a personal preference. I think this is an excellent recipe! A "keeper"."