I have a habit of buying too much asparagus when it’s in season, but it doesn't go to waste! I toss the spears with cherry tomatoes and goat cheese for this side. Be sure to use good quality goat cheese because it makes all the difference.—Holly Battiste, Barrington, New Jersey
Featured In: 40 Ways to Love Roasted Veggies
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 pound fresh asparagus, trimmed
- 1 cup grape tomatoes
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped walnuts
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons crumbled goat cheese
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh basil
- Preheat oven to 400°. Place asparagus, tomatoes and walnuts in a greased 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Mix oil, oregano, salt and pepper; add to asparagus mixture and toss to coat.
- Roast 15-20 minutes or until asparagus is crisp-tender, turning vegetables occasionally. Sprinkle with cheese. Top with basil before serving. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Roasted Asparagus & Tomatoes in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2014, pAR