- 2 medium apples, sliced
- 1-1/2 cups sliced leeks (white portion only)
- 2-1/4 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth, divided
- 1 bone-in turkey breast (6 pounds)
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh rosemary, divided
- 3 tablespoons reduced-fat butter
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- Preheat oven to 325°. Arrange apples and leeks in a roasting pan; add 1 cup broth. Place turkey breast over apple mixture. In a small bowl, combine oil and 1-1/2 teaspoons rosemary. With fingers, carefully loosen skin from the turkey breast; rub rosemary mixture under the skin. Secure skin to underside of breast with toothpicks.
- Bake, uncovered, 1-3/4 to 2-1/4 hours or until a thermometer reads 170°, basting every 30 minutes. Cover loosely with foil if turkey browns too quickly. Remove turkey from oven; tent with foil. Let stand 15 minutes before carving, reserving 1/4 cup pan juices. Discard apples and leeks.
- In a small saucepan, melt butter; add flour and remaining rosemary until blended, stirring constantly. Gradually add pan juices and remaining broth to saucepan. Bring to a boil. Cook and stir for 1 minute or until thickened. Serve with turkey. Yield: 12 servings (1-1/3 cups gravy).
Reviews forRoast Turkey Breast with Rosemary Gravy
"Made this last year along with a whole turkey because we had a HUGE crowd and this disappeared FAST! Only making this recipe this year! For fewer people and fewer calories."
"Very good! Have made several times. : )"
"This is delicious! I've made it several times, even for Christmas!"