Roast Turkey Breast with Rosemary Gravy
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 1-3/4 hours + standing
Makes12 servings (1-1/3 cups gravy)
- 2 medium apples, sliced
- 1-1/2 cups sliced leeks (white portion only)
- 2-1/4 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth, divided
- 1 bone-in turkey breast (6 pounds)
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh rosemary, divided
- 3 tablespoons reduced-fat butter
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- Preheat oven to 325°. Arrange apples and leeks in a roasting pan; add 1 cup broth. Place turkey breast over apple mixture. In a small bowl, combine oil and 1-1/2 teaspoons rosemary. With fingers, carefully loosen skin from the turkey breast; rub rosemary mixture under the skin. Secure skin to underside of breast with toothpicks.
- Bake, uncovered, 1-3/4 to 2-1/4 hours or until a thermometer reads 170°, basting every 30 minutes. Cover loosely with foil if turkey browns too quickly. Remove turkey from oven; tent with foil. Let stand 15 minutes before carving, reserving 1/4 cup pan juices. Discard apples and leeks.
- In a small saucepan, melt butter; add flour and remaining rosemary until blended, stirring constantly. Gradually add pan juices and remaining broth to saucepan. Bring to a boil. Cook and stir for 1 minute or until thickened. Serve with turkey.
Editor's NoteThis recipe was tested with Land O'Lakes light stick butter.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Nov 18, 2012
I have made this twice and am making again for thanksgiving per family request. I do not use a turkey breast, instead I use a whole turkey (14 lb) and double the recipe. It is so moist and the gravy is amazing!
Nov 7, 2012
Made this last year along with a whole turkey because we had a HUGE crowd and this disappeared FAST! Only making this recipe this year! For fewer people and fewer calories.
Oct 14, 2012
Very good! Have made several times. : )
Sep 26, 2010
This is delicious! I've made it several times, even for Christmas!