VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1/4 cup minced fresh rosemary
- 1-1/2 teaspoons coarsely ground pepper
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 2 racks of lamb (1-1/2 pounds each)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3/4 cup fresh parsley leaves
- 2/3 cup fresh basil leaves
- 1/3 cup each fresh cilantro leaves, mint leaves, oregano leaves and thyme leaves
- 1/3 cup coarsely chopped fresh chives
- 1/3 cup chopped shallots
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 3 tablespoons grated lemon peel
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- Mix rosemary, pepper and salt; rub over lamb. Refrigerate, covered, 8 hours or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 375°. Place lamb in a shallow roasting pan, fat side up; drizzle with oil.
- Roast 35-45 minutes or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°). Remove lamb from oven; tent with foil. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
- Meanwhile, place herbs, shallots and garlic in a food processor; pulse until herbs are chopped. Add lemon peel, lemon juice, mustard, salt and pepper; process until blended. Continue processing while gradually adding oil in a steady stream. Serve lamb with sauce. Yield: 4 servings (1-3/4 cups sauce).
Originally published as Roast Rack of Lamb with Herb Sauce in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2014