Roast Pork with Cherry-Almond Glaze
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 65 min. + standing
- 1 boneless whole pork loin roast (3-1/2 pounds)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 jar (12 ounces) cherry preserves
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon each ground cinnamon, nutmeg and cloves
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds
- Sprinkle roast with salt; place on a rack in a shallow roasting pan. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30 minutes.
- In a small saucepan, bring the preserves, vinegar, corn syrup and spices to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 2 minutes. Set aside 3/4 cup for serving. Stir almonds into remaining mixture.
- Brush roast with some of the glaze. Bake 35-50 minutes longer or until a thermometer reads 160°, brushing frequently with remaining glaze. Let stand for 10 minutes before slicing. Serve with reserved cherry mixture.
Nutrition Facts4-1/2 ounces: 310 calories, 9g fat (3g saturated fat), 79mg cholesterol, 287mg sodium, 26g carbohydrate (23g sugars, 0 fiber), 31g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Aug 30, 2014
I don't like to eat a lot of pork but I came across this and had to try it. The glaze made this super delicious! Everyone who tried it loved it!
May 28, 2014
Cherry glaze is wonderful and compliments the meat very well. I have used this recipe for several holiday meals.
Feb 14, 2013
This is our family's favorite recipe for pork roast. Yummy!
Oct 18, 2010
Took much longer to cook pork than noted in instructions. But it ended up being quite good.
Mar 22, 2010
I found this recipe years ago in another cookbook featuring recipes from the 40's. In fact, made it for dinner tonight. The cherry glaze is excellent---can be used with ham, pork loin and on chicken. Guests were using it as a dipping sauce for their bread.