- 1 boneless pork loin roast (2 pounds)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 large Golden Delicious apples, cut into 1-inch wedges
- 2 large onions, cut into 3/4-inch wedges
- 5 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh rosemary or 1 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- Preheat oven to 350°. Sprinkle roast with salt and pepper. In a large nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium heat; brown roast on all sides. Transfer to a roasting pan coated with cooking spray. Place apples, onions and garlic around roast; sprinkle with rosemary.
- Roast until a thermometer inserted in pork reads 145°, 45-55 minutes, turning apples, onion and garlic once. Remove from oven; tent with foil. Let stand 10 minutes before slicing roast. Serve with apple mixture. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews forRoast Pork with Apples & Onions
"Roast aroma was wonderful but my family said it lacked flavor."
"Delicious! A bit too many apples so I'll cut back on those next time. Otherwise, really really good :-)"
"My Family loved the pork, but weren't all crazy about eating the apples and onions, although that's what gave the awesome flavor! Served with a side of cilantro rice and some green beans, great meal will definitely make again!"
"This was fabulous. pork was tender and juicy, apples and onions just right. Will make this again. And again."
"Excellent! The roast was nice and moist. I think the apples and onions helped it stay that way. I will definitely make this again."
"Excellent. I would make this again."
"I agree with some of the other reviews that it was just kind of plain. Nothing really special as far as taste goes to make me want to make this again."
"The cook time was adjusted to keep consistent with the new recommendations for cooking pork to 145 degrees."