- 2 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1-3/4 teaspoons salt, divided
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 teaspoon caraway seed
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 1 pork loin roast (4 to 5 pounds)
- 1-1/2 cups applesauce
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground mace
- In a small bowl, combine flour, 1-1/2 teaspoons salt, mustard, caraway, sugar, pepper and sage; rub over roast. Cover and let stand for 30 minutes. Place on a greased baking rack, fat side up, in roasting pan. Bake, uncovered, at 325° for 1 hour. Combine applesauce, brown sugar, mace and remaining salt; mix well. Spread over roast. Roast 1 hour longer or until the internal temperature reaches 160°-170°. Let stand 15 minutes before slicing. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Reviews forRoast Pork with Apple Topping
"This is one of my personal favorites. Works well with ham too."
"I love this recipe and have shared it with friends. easy and flavorful. I use homemade applesauce for the topping."