- 2 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1-3/4 teaspoons salt, divided
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1 teaspoon caraway seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 1 boneless pork loin roast (4 to 5 pounds)
- 1-1/2 cups applesauce
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground mace
- In a small bowl, combine flour, 1-1/2 teaspoons salt, ground mustard, caraway, sugar, pepper and sage; rub over roast. Cover and let stand for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350°. Place roast on a rack in a shallow roasting pan, fat side up. Roast, uncovered, 40 minutes. In a small bowl, mix applesauce, brown sugar, mace and remaining salt; spread over roast. Roast 35-40 minutes longer or until a thermometer reads 145°. Let stand 10 minutes before slicing. Yield: 10 servings.
Reviews forRoast Pork with Apple Topping
"This is one of my personal favorites. Works well with ham too."
"I love this recipe and have shared it with friends. easy and flavorful. I use homemade applesauce for the topping."