Roast Pork Sandwiches with Peach Chutney
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 35 min.
- 1 pork tenderloin (1 pound)
- 2 tablespoons spicy brown mustard
- PEACH CHUTNEY:
- 1/4 cup peach preserves
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon mustard seed
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Dash cayenne pepper
- Dash ground cloves
- 1/4 cup fat-free mayonnaise
- 4 onion rolls, split and toasted
- 4 lettuce leaves
- Brush pork with mustard; place on a rack in a shallow roasting pan. Bake at 425° for 35-40 minutes or until a thermometer reads 160°. Let stand for 5 minutes before slicing.
- Meanwhile, for chutney, in a small saucepan, combine the preserves, onion, vinegar, garlic and seasonings. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 7-8 minutes or until thickened. Set aside to cool.
- Spread mayonnaise over roll bottoms. Layer with lettuce, pork slices and chutney. Replace tops.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 357 calories, 7g fat (2g saturated fat), 65mg cholesterol, 589mg sodium, 42g carbohydrate (17g sugars, 2g fiber), 29g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2-1/2 starch.
Aug 19, 2011
I didn't make the recipe as stated. I already had some leftover roast pork loin so I made the peach chutney alone. We sliced the pork loin very thin, added the mayo, lettuce and chutney to the sandwich. I used the sandwich thins instead of the onion rolls. It still was very good and am looking forward to using pork tenderloin next time.