Roast Pork Sandwiches with Peach Chutney
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 35 min.
- 1 pork tenderloin (1 pound)
- 2 tablespoons spicy brown mustard
- PEACH CHUTNEY:
- 1/4 cup peach preserves
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon mustard seed
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Dash cayenne pepper
- Dash ground cloves
- 1/4 cup fat-free mayonnaise
- 4 onion rolls, split and toasted
- 4 lettuce leaves
- Brush pork with mustard; place on a rack in a shallow roasting pan. Bake at 425° for 35-40 minutes or until a thermometer reads 160°. Let stand for 5 minutes before slicing.
- Meanwhile, for chutney, in a small saucepan, combine the preserves, onion, vinegar, garlic and seasonings. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 7-8 minutes or until thickened. Set aside to cool.
- Spread mayonnaise over roll bottoms. Layer with lettuce, pork slices and chutney. Replace tops.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 357 calories, 7g fat (2g saturated fat), 65mg cholesterol, 589mg sodium, 42g carbohydrate (17g sugars, 2g fiber), 29g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2-1/2 starch.
Aug 19, 2011
I didn't make the recipe as stated. I already had some leftover roast pork loin so I made the peach chutney alone. We sliced the pork loin very thin, added the mayo, lettuce and chutney to the sandwich. I used the sandwich thins instead of the onion rolls. It still was very good and am looking forward to using pork tenderloin next time.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.