- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup minced fresh rosemary
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 bone-in leg of lamb (5 to 6 pounds), trimmed
- Preheat oven to 325°. Combine the oil, rosemary, onion, garlic, salt and pepper; rub over lamb. Place fat side up on a rack in a shallow roasting pan.
- Bake, uncovered, 2 to 2-1/2 hours or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°), basting occasionally with pan juices. Let stand 15 minutes before slicing. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews forRoast Leg of Lamb with Rosemary
"I have made this for company and it was well received. Rosemary and lamb are such a nice pairing. The second time I made this I served it with a quick balsamic vinegar reduction. This is definitely a dish you will be proud to serve."
"easy and flavorful. A 7-pound leg cooked to medium rare in 2-1/2 hours."