Roast Cauliflower with Pepperocini
I never enjoyed cauliflower but was determined to. I tweaked this recipe for many years and finally found the perfect mix of flavors and ingredients.—Hannah Hicks, Marina del Rey, California
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 large head cauliflower, broken into florets (about 8 cups)
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon olive oil, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 jar (3-1/2 ounces) capers, drained and patted dry
- 1 jar (16 ounces) pepperoncini, drained and coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- 1 tablespoon sherry vinegar
- Preheat oven to 450°. Place cauliflower in a 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Drizzle with 1 tablespoon oil, salt and pepper. Roast until tender, 15-20 minutes, stirring halfway.
- Meanwhile, in a small skillet, heat remaining 1 teaspoon oil over medium-high heat. Add capers; cook and stir until golden brown, 4-6 minutes. Drain on paper towels.
- Stir pepperoncini, almonds and capers into cauliflower; drizzle with vinegar. Serve immediately.
Test Kitchen tip