- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 boneless rump roast (3 pounds)
- 3 cups hot water
- 4 teaspoons beef bouillon granules
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 to 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 3 medium bell peppers, julienned
- 3 tablespoons butter or margarine
- In a Dutch oven, heat oil over medium-high. Brown roast on all sides; drain. Combine the water, bouillon, oregano, garlic, salt and pepper; pour over roast. Cover and bake at 350° for 3 hours or until meat is tender. Remove roast to a warm serving platter. Let stand 10 minutes before slicing.
- Meanwhile, in a skillet, saute peppers in butter until tender. Serve peppers and pan juices with the roast. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Reviews forRoast Beef with Peppers
"This is really good. Doesn't need to bake 3 hrs, though. I checked my 4 lb roast at 2 hrs and the meat thermometer said it was done. Very tasty."
"Actually, this will be my 2nd time. Lost the recipe and have been hunting for 1/2 an hour to find it again. The summary is what I remembered; that and the fact my husband was critical when he heard me read the recipe to him, but raved about it afterwards. This is absolutely delicious!! and inexpensive to make."
"Very good. We've made this several times already."