- 2 pounds cubed cooked roast beef
- 1-1/4 cups chopped onions
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 4-1/2 cups water
- 1 jar (12 ounces) beef au jus gravy
- 1 cup leftover beef gravy or 1 can (10-1/4 ounces) beef gravy
- 1 envelope brown gravy mix
- 2 bay leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1 cup dried lentils, rinsed
- 1 cup frozen mixed vegetables
- In a 3-qt. saucepan, saute beef and onions in oil until onions are tender. Add the next eight ingredients; cover and simmer for 1 hour.
- Stir in lentils; cover and simmer for 30 minutes. Add vegetables; cover and simmer for 10 minutes or until lentils and vegetables are tender. Remove bay leaves. Yield: 6-8 servings (2 quarts).
Reviews forRoast Beef Soup
"Had carrots, potatoes and onions left over with roast. Cubed all and placed in 8 qt saucepan. Added leftover gravy, 1 can beef broth, 1 qt jar home canned tomatoes with juice, 1 can corn with liquid, 1 can cut green beans with liquid, salt, pepper and 4 cups water. Came out great and used all my leftovers."