Roast Beef Sandwich Supreme
An easy five-ingredient spread adds great flavor to these roast beef sandwiches from June Formanek. "We made these many Sunday evening when we wanted a simple supper. Add a beverage and light dessert for an easy meal," says Belle Plaine, Iowa cook.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon onion soup mix
- 2 teaspoons prepared horseradish, drained
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 12 slices rye bread or pumpernickel bread
- 1 pound sliced deli roast beef (about 12 slices)
- 6 lettuce leaves
- In a small bowl, combine the sour cream, soup mix, horseradish, salt and pepper. Spread over six slices of bread; layer with beef, lettuce and remaining bread.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 295 calories, 8g fat (4g saturated fat), 55mg cholesterol, 1008mg sodium, 33g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 4g fiber), 21g protein.
Originally published as Roast Beef Sandwich Supreme in Quick Cooking July/August 2003