- 1 unbaked pastry shell (9 inches)
- 1-3/4 cups finely chopped cooked roast beef
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup evaporated milk
- 1 tablespoon steak sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon each dill weed, dried basil and dried oregano
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- Line unpricked pastry shell with a double thickness of heavy-duty foil. Bake at 450° for 5 minutes; remove foil. Bake 5 minutes longer. Reduce heat to 375°. Sprinkle beef and onions into the crust.
- In a bowl, beat the flour and eggs until smooth. Add milk, steak sauce and seasonings; beat until smooth. Stir in cheese and green pepper. Pour into crust.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until center is set. Let stand for 10 minutes before cutting. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Reviews forRoast Beef Quiche
"I've been making this for a few years now. It is nice to have something different to use up leftover roast beef. The only change I make is to increase the steak sauce and spices by half."
"I've been making this for years! It was one of my very first "let's try something new" recipes when I was first married. I add my leftover roast veggies as well- the little pieces of carrot in there are awesome! I recommended this recipe to my grandma and now she makes it too! :)"
"Love it! Big hit with the whole family. I add chunks of the leftover potatoes and carrots too! :)"