Roast Beef Potato Planks
For an appetizer that's more like a meal, I deep-fry potato slices and then top them with roast beef and cheese before baking. Sun-dried tomatoes add appealing color.—Michaela Rosenthal, Woodland Hills, California
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + standing Broil: 5 min.
Makesabout 2-1/2 dozen
- 4 medium potatoes, peeled
- Oil for deep-fat frying
- 1-1/2 pounds shaved deli roast beef
- 1 pound white cheddar cheese, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup chopped oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 2 teaspoons prepared horseradish
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Cut potatoes lengthwise into 1/4-in. slices; cover with cold water and let stand for 30 minutes.
- Drain potatoes and pat dry with paper towels. In an electric skillet or deep fryer, heat oil to 375°. Fry potatoes, a few at a time, for 3-4 minutes on each side or until lightly browned. Remove with a slotted spoon; drain on paper towels.
- Top potato slices with roast beef and cheese; place on a baking sheet. Broil 3-4 in. from the heat for 1-2 minutes or until cheese is melted. In a small bowl, combine the remaining ingredients. Spoon over the tops.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.