I made this salad one year when a neighbor came over to help my husband put up hay. They both were hot and dusty, so this cool dish was well received. It's a meal in itself.
Recommended: 50 Pasta Recipes from Around the World
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 package (16 ounces) spiral pasta
- 2 cups julienned cooked roast beef
- 1 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 cup sliced celery
- 3/4 cup chopped red onion
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1/3 cup chopped dill pickle
- 2 to 3 green onions, sliced
- 2 tablespoons beef bouillon granules
- 1/4 cup boiling water
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 cups mayonnaise
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1 teaspoon dill weed
- Dash pepper
- Cook the pasta according to package directions; drain and rinse in cold water. Place in a large bowl; add the beef, green pepper, celery, onion, red pepper, pickle and green onions.
- For dressing, in a large bowl, dissolve bouillon in water. Stir in the milk, mayonnaise, sour cream, dill and pepper. Toss with pasta mixture. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Roast Beef Pasta Salad in Country Extra May 1996, p51
Reviews forRoast Beef Pasta Salad
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Dec. 6, 2009
"very good flavor reminds me a little of a phillycheesestake"