Showcasing lots of fresh veggies coated with horseradish mayonnaise, these packed pitas appeal to all. Men especially will like the hearty addition of roast beef.
Recommended: Fresh, Balanced & Filling No-Cook Summer Dinners
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 3 whole wheat pita pocket halves
- 1/3 pound thinly sliced deli roast beef
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh broccoli
- 1/4 cup frozen corn, thawed
- 1/4 cup chopped seeded peeled cucumber
- 2 tablespoons shredded carrot
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped celery
- 2 tablespoons thinly sliced green onion
- 1-1/2 teaspoons prepared horseradish
- 1-1/2 teaspoons mayonnaise
- 1-1/2 teaspoons reduced-fat sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Line pita halves with roast beef. In a small bowl, combine the broccoli, corn, cucumber, carrot, celery and onion.
- In another bowl, combine the dressing ingredients. Pour over vegetable mixture; toss to coat. Fill pita halves. Yield: 3 servings.
Originally published as Roast Beef Garden Pitas in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2011, p210