- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1-1/2 cups shredded cooked roast beef
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1/2 cup salsa
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 6 flour tortillas (10 inches), warmed
- Oil for deep-fat frying
- In a large skillet, saute onion and garlic in oil for 1-2 minutes or until tender. Add the roast beef, olives, salsa and cumin. Cook and stir over medium heat for 4-6 minutes or until heated through. Stir in cheese. Remove from the heat.
- Spoon about 1/3 cup meat mixture off-center on each tortilla. Fold sides and ends over filling and roll up; secure with a toothpick. Repeat.
- In an electric skillet or deep-fat fryer, heat oil to 375°. Fry chimichangas for 2-3 minutes on each side or until lightly browned. Drain on paper towels. Discard toothpicks. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews forRoast Beef Chimichangas
"Excellent way to use up left over roast beef. Family loved it with fresh salsa and sour cream."