- 1 boneless beef chuck roast (3 pounds)
- 2 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1/3 cup sherry, wine or beef broth
- 1 envelope onion soup mix
- Cut roast in half; place in a slow cooker. In a bowl, combine the remaining ingredients; pour over roast. Cover and cook on low for 8-9 hours or until meat is tender. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Reviews forRoast Beef and Gravy
"I love how easy & tasty this recipe is. I cut up carrots & potatoes & placed them under the roast. Cooked it on high for 4 hours. Turned out perfect!"
"This is my family's favorite pot roast recipe. I sometimes use a pork roast with the other ingredients. We love the creamy gravy...instead of sherry, I use Marsala wine. It's a great gravy for meatballs and ground meat, too."
"Delicious! Roast was very tender and the gravy was wonderful over mashed potatoes. I love mushrooms so I added a can to mine."
"By far the best roast I've ever had!! My husband is usually not a big fan of roast but he is now! Before I put the roast in the crock pot I rubbed it down with a little creole, garlic salt, seasoning salt, onion powder and pepper. So simple to make. This will be a new regular meal for us! Great with sliced and boiled red potatoes with a stick of melted butter on top."
"WONDERFUL! Everyone loved it and the flavors are perfect. I used beef stock instead of sherry or broth. Keeper recipe!!"