Riverboat Barbecue Sauce
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1 tablespoon dried minced onion
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon steak sauce
- 1 teaspoon grated orange zest
- 1 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 3 whole cloves
- In a small saucepan, combine all the ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 15 minutes or until the flavors are blended. Remove from the heat. Discard cloves. Cool. Store in the refrigerator.
Nutrition Facts2 tablespoons: 61 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 240mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate (13g sugars, 0 fiber), 0 protein.
Oct 28, 2012
Lost the original magazine recipe and glad I found it on-line. This is our favorite home made BBQ sauce. We omitted the pepper sauce, as we have a low "heat" tolerance.
Sep 8, 2011
I only use this recipe for pulled pork and baby back ribs..everyone loves it. It's the best. Thanks for sharing!!!!!
Feb 26, 2011
Hot sweet thick and very good. I used it on slow cooked pork sandwiches. Very Good :)
May 18, 2010
Excellent sauce, I used it on grilled pork chops.
Jan 9, 2009
I didn't have cloves, so I substituted with Allspice. Tasted great!