River's Bend Blueberry Muffins Recipe
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/4 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 to 2 teaspoons ground nutmeg
- Dash salt
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, melted
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups fresh blueberries
- 1. In a bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, nutmeg and salt. Combine eggs, butter, buttermilk and vanilla; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Gently fold in blueberries. Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full. Bake at 375° for 20-25 minutes or until muffins test done. Cool in pan 10 minutes before removing to a wire rack. Yield: about 1 dozen.
1 each: 255 calories, 9g fat (5g saturated fat), 56mg cholesterol, 178mg sodium, 41g carbohydrate (24g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein.
Reviews for River's Bend Blueberry Muffins
"Used scant 1 tsp nutmeg and scant 1 tsp cinamon. Delicious."
"These are so good! I didn't care for the nutmeg flavor so I omitted it the second time I made them. Very Good!"