River’s Bend Blueberry Muffins
As the owner is a bed-and-breakfast, I'm always looking for new great-tasting breakfast recipes. So when I discovered this blueberry muffin recipe, it immediately became a "standard" with the country breakfast I serve my guests.
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 20 min. + cooling
Makesabout 1 dozen
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/4 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 to 2 teaspoons ground nutmeg
- Dash salt
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, melted
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups fresh blueberries
- In a bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, nutmeg and salt. Combine eggs, butter, buttermilk and vanilla; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Gently fold in blueberries. Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full. Bake at 375° for 20-25 minutes or until muffins test done. Cool in pan 10 minutes before removing to a wire rack.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 255 calories, 9g fat (5g saturated fat), 56mg cholesterol, 178mg sodium, 41g carbohydrate (24g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein.
Originally published as River's Bend Blueberry Muffins in Cookin' Up Country Breakfasts Cookbook
Sep 22, 2014
Used scant 1 tsp nutmeg and scant 1 tsp cinamon. Delicious.
Oct 3, 2008
These are so good! I didn't care for the nutmeg flavor so I omitted it the second time I made them. Very Good!