River’s Bend Blueberry Muffins
As the owner is a bed-and-breakfast, I'm always looking for new great-tasting breakfast recipes. So when I discovered this blueberry muffin recipe, it immediately became a "standard" with the country breakfast I serve my guests.
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 20 min. + cooling
Makesabout 1 dozen
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/4 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 to 2 teaspoons ground nutmeg
- Dash salt
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, melted
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups fresh blueberries
- In a bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, nutmeg and salt. Combine eggs, butter, buttermilk and vanilla; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Gently fold in blueberries. Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full. Bake at 375° for 20-25 minutes or until muffins test done. Cool in pan 10 minutes before removing to a wire rack.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 255 calories, 9g fat (5g saturated fat), 56mg cholesterol, 178mg sodium, 41g carbohydrate (24g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein.
Sep 22, 2014
Used scant 1 tsp nutmeg and scant 1 tsp cinamon. Delicious.
Oct 3, 2008
These are so good! I didn't care for the nutmeg flavor so I omitted it the second time I made them. Very Good!