Risotto Balls (Arancini)
My Italian Grandma made these for me. I still request them when I visit her. And so do my children. These can be made ahead of time and frozen. They are also delicous served as a vegetarian main course with a salad.
Total TimePrep: 35 min. Bake: 25 min.
Makesabout 3 dozen
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 1 cup uncooked arborio rice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 2/3 cup sun-dried tomato pesto
- 2 cups panko (Japanese) bread crumbs, divided
- Marinara sauce, warmed
- Preheat oven to 375°. In a large saucepan, combine water, rice and salt; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, until liquid is absorbed and rice is tender, 18-20 minutes. Let stand, covered, 10 minutes. Transfer to a large bowl; cool slightly. Add eggs and pesto; stir in 1 cup bread crumbs.
- Place remaining bread crumbs in a shallow bowl. Shape rice mixture into 1-1/4-in. balls. Roll in bread crumbs, patting to help coating adhere. Place on greased 15x10x1-in. baking pans. Bake until golden brown, 25-30 minutes. Serve with marinara sauce.