- 1 package (18-1/4 ounces) yellow cake mix
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 4 eggs
- 2/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- In a mixing bowl, combine dry cake mix, sour cream, eggs and oil; beat well. Spread half of the batter into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Combine brown sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle over batter. Carefully spread remaining batter on top. bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Combine icing ingredients and drizzle over warm cake. Yield: 16-20 servings.
Reviews forRippled Coffee Cake
"Wow! This sucker is sweet!!! All that icing may be gilding the lily a bit--next time, I might make a small amount of glaze and just drizzle over the top."
"Delish. I'll use less cinnamon next time, though."
"I made this for a mother's day brunch and it got great reviews! I also cut the glaze amount in half. I thought the cake was sweet enough without it. I found spreading the top layer of cake mixture a little tricky but it didn't really matter if a little brown sugar got into the cake anyway. Very delicious!"
"This is always my go to recipe when my daughter comes home from college. I used to make it for her when she was in high school and she would take it to her friends. The cake is very moist. I think it is the best coffee cake around. I cut the glaze recipe in half. There is enough to drizzle on the cake."
"This is the best classic cinnamon coffee cake I have ever made. It is moist and delicious!"
"So, so good!! Family loves it!!! I used a butter pecan cake mix. Gave good flavor."
"I MAKE THIS ALL THE TIME. FOR CHURCH DINNERS, GET TOGETHERS, ECT. easy AND SO GOOD"