Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 12 ounces uncooked rigatoni or large tube pasta
- 1-1/2 cups cubed fully cooked ham
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, julienned
- 1 medium sweet yellow pepper, julienned
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3/4 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1-3/4 cups fresh baby spinach
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Cook rigatoni according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute the ham, mushrooms, peppers and garlic in oil until vegetables are tender.
- Stir in the broth and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer for 3 minutes. Drain rigatoni and rinse in cold water. Add pasta and spinach to the ham mixture; toss to coat. Sprinkle with the Parmesan cheese.
Nutrition Facts1-1/2 cups: 334 calories, 9g fat (3g saturated fat), 27mg cholesterol, 608mg sodium, 45g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 3g fiber), 19g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 starch, 2 lean meat, 1 fat.
Feb 24, 2009
I used bowtie pasta instead of rigatoni. I didn't know what julienne meant so I diced my veggies but it didn't matter. The dish was so pretty and tasty - I felt like a gourmet chef!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.