- 1 loaf (1 pound) frozen bread dough, thawed
- 1 cup part-skim ricotta cheese
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 cup golden raisins
- 1/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 to 3 teaspoons fat-free milk
- On a lightly floured surface, roll dough into a 15x9-in. rectangle. In a small bowl, combine cheese, honey, cardamom and almond extract. Spread filling to within 1/2 in. of edges. Sprinkle with raisins. Roll up jelly-roll style, starting with a long side; pinch seam to seal. Pinch ends together to form a ring.
- Place seam side down in a parchment paper-lined 9-in. round baking pan. Cover and let rise until doubled, about 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350°. With a sharp knife, make 12 shallow slashes in top of coffee cake. Bake 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on a wire rack. In a small bowl, combine confectioners' sugar and milk; drizzle over cake. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Ricotta-Raisin Coffee Cake in Healthy Cooking December/January 2013, p16
Reviews for Ricotta-Raisin Coffee Cake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Apr. 15, 2015
"Great recipe. Similar to one my grandma used to make."