Ricotta Pepperoni Dip
From Orange Park, Florida, Barbara Carlucci shares this warm appetizer dip that sets its flavor from an herb soup mix. Crispy golden pizza dough strips are perfect for digging into the thick cheesy mixture.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
Makesabout 2-1/2 dozen pizza sticks and 2 cups dip
- PIZZA STICKS:
- 1 tube (13.8 ounces) refrigerated pizza crust
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 1 tablespoon savory herb with garlic soup mix
- 1/4 cup chopped pepperoni
- 1 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out pizza crust to a 12x8-in. rectangle. Brush with oil. Combine the Parmesan cheese, Italian seasoning, garlic powder and pepper; sprinkle over dough. Cut into 3x1-in. strips; place on a greased baking sheet.
- Bake at 425° for 6-9 minutes or until golden brown. Meanwhile, combine the sour cream, ricotta, soup mix and pepperoni in a saucepan; heat through. Stir in mozzarella and Parmesan cheese just until melted. Serve warm with pizza sticks.
Originally published as Ricotta Pepperoni Dip in Quick Cooking May/June 2001
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.