When I was a nurse, my coworkers and I regularly swapped recipes during lunch breaks. This creamy cheesecake was one of the best I received. —Georgiann Franklin, Canfield, Ohio
Featured In: 45 Valentine's Day Desserts for Your Sweetie
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1-1/4 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 2 cartons (15 ounces each) ricotta cheese
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Hot Cherry Sauce, or cherry pie filling, optional
- In a bowl, combine the graham cracker crumbs and sugar; stir in butter. Press onto the bottom and 1 in. up the sides of a greased 9-in. springform pan.
- Place on a baking sheet. Bake at 400° for 6-8 minutes or until crust is lightly browned around the edges. Cool on a wire rack.
- In a large bowl, beat ricotta cheese on medium speed for 1 minute. Add sugar; beat for 1 minute. Add eggs; beat just until combined. Beat in flour and vanilla. Pour into crust.
- Place pan on a baking sheet. Bake at 350° for 50-60 minutes or until center is almost set. Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Carefully run a knife around edge of pan to loosen; cool 1 hour longer. Refrigerate overnight. Remove sides of pan. If desired, serve with Hot Cherry Sauce. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Ricotta Cheesecake in Country Woman Christmas Annual 2006, p50
Reviews forRicotta Cheesecake
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jun. 28, 2014
"Rich and creamy...... added a bit of lemon juice and zest to give it a lemony taste. Excellent"