When I was a nurse, my coworkers and I regularly swapped recipes during lunch breaks. This creamy cheesecake was one of the best I received. —Georgiann Franklin, Canfield, Ohio
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Bake: 50 min. + chilling
- 1-1/4 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 2 cartons (15 ounces each) ricotta cheese
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Hot Cherry Sauce, or cherry pie filling, optional
- In a bowl, combine the graham cracker crumbs and sugar; stir in butter. Press onto the bottom and 1 in. up the sides of a greased 9-in. springform pan.
- Place on a baking sheet. Bake at 400° for 6-8 minutes or until crust is lightly browned around the edges. Cool on a wire rack.
- In a large bowl, beat ricotta cheese on medium speed for 1 minute. Add sugar; beat for 1 minute. Add eggs; beat just until combined. Beat in flour and vanilla. Pour into crust.
- Place pan on a baking sheet. Bake at 350° for 50-60 minutes or until center is almost set. Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Carefully run a knife around edge of pan to loosen; cool 1 hour longer. Refrigerate overnight. Remove sides of pan. If desired, serve with Hot Cherry Sauce. Refrigerate leftovers.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 234 calories, 11g fat (6g saturated fat), 81mg cholesterol, 163mg sodium, 29g carbohydrate (23g sugars, 0 fiber), 6g protein.
Originally published as Ricotta Pie in Country Woman Christmas 2006