Ricotta & Cheddar Zucchini Frittata
Ideal for breakfast or dinner, Amy Crane’s delicate frittata hits the spot without being too heavy. The Swartz Creek, Michigan likes to prepare it with sharp cheddar cheese for extra flavor.
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 3 medium zucchini, thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons whole wheat flour
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 6 large egg whites
- 3 large eggs
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup Kerrygold shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1/3 cup plain yogurt
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon poppy seeds
- Toss zucchini with flour. In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, saute zucchini in oil until crisp-tender and lightly browned. Remove from the heat.
- In a large bowl, whisk the egg whites, eggs, ricotta cheese, 1/4 cup cheddar cheese, yogurt, parsley, garlic, salt and pepper. Stir in zucchini. Transfer to a 9-in. pie plate coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle with poppy seeds and remaining cheddar cheese.
- Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Let stand for 5 minutes before cutting.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 238 calories, 12g fat (6g saturated fat), 185mg cholesterol, 552mg sodium, 13g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 3g fiber), 19g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 lean meat, 2 fat, 1 vegetable, 1/2 starch.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.