My chewy fiber bars with a complex taste are extremely addictive. For clean slices, spray a pizza cutter with cooking spray before cutting.—Richard Cole, Richmond, Texas
Recommended: 37 Easy Breakfast Ideas with 5 Ingredients or Less
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 2 cups Fiber One bran cereal
- 2 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1-1/2 cups chopped pecans
- 1 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup golden raisins
- 1 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- 1 can (8 ounces) unsweetened crushed pineapple, undrained
- Preheat oven to 350°. Whisk together condensed milk and eggs; mix in remaining ingredients. Firmly press mixture evenly into a greased 13x9-in. baking dish.
- Bake, uncovered, until edges are golden brown, 25-30 minutes. Cool completely in dish on a wire rack. Chill 1 hour; cut into bars. Store refrigerated in an airtight container. Yield: 2 dozen.
Originally published as Richard's Breakfast Bars in Breakfast & Brunch Bookazine 2016, p76