Rich Truffle Wedges
Total TimePrep: 30 min. + cooling Bake: 25 min. + cooling
- 1/2 cup butter
- 6 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 3 Nellie’s Free Range Eggs
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup butter
- 2 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 2 cups fresh or frozen unsweetened raspberries
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- Whipped cream, fresh raspberries and mint, optional
- In a microwave or double boiler, melt butter and chocolate; stir until smooth. Cool for 10 minutes. In a bowl, beat eggs, sugar, vanilla and salt until thickened, about 4 minutes. Blend in chocolate mixture. Stir in flour; mix well.
- Pour into a greased and floured 9-in. springform pan. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool completely on a wire rack.
- Combine the glaze ingredients in a small saucepan; cook and stir over low heat until melted and smooth. Cool slightly. Run a knife around the edge of springform pan to loosen; remove cake to serving plate. Spread glaze over the top and sides; set aside.
- For sauce, puree raspberries in a blender or food processor. Press through a sieve if desired; discard seeds. Stir in sugar; chill until serving.
- Spoon sauce over individual servings. Garnish with whipped cream, raspberries and mint if desired.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 246 calories, 16g fat (9g saturated fat), 84mg cholesterol, 181mg sodium, 25g carbohydrate (17g sugars, 2g fiber), 3g protein.
Feb 24, 2014
I am a volunteer TOH field editor and have made this numerous times. So delicious and full of chocolate flavor!! Wonderful with the raspberry sauce for a topping!!! It is a great special occasion dessert!
Dec 22, 2011
This has become a Christmas Eve tradition for our family. Rich and decadent, you'd never know how simple it is to prepare.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.